CSC 8310 Linguistics of Programming Languages
Dr. David Matuszek,
Summer 1998, Villanova University
Write an adventure game in Prolog similar to the
"Spider" sample game.
You can copy and use source code from the sample game; in
particular, you probably want to take the code for picking up and
dropping things, and for moving from place to place.
Pick any theme you like for your adventure game: rescue, survival,
treasure hunt, "a day in the life," or whatever appeals to you. A
good size for your game is 5 to 10 rooms, and maybe 5 to 10 objects.
I'll ask for the following specifics:
- At least two objects with special "behaviors:" for example, a
flashlight that only works when it has fresh batteries, a safe
that has to be unlocked to get the contents, a vending machine, a
time machine, a marker that you can use to write on room walls,
- At least four new verbs specific to your game (e.g.
kill in the spider game).
- Documentation that describes your special objects and your new
- Game instructions that briefly describe your new
Please turn in:
- A listing of your source code.
- A transcript of a sample run of your program.
- Source code in machine-readable form (on floppy or by e-mail).